Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Family

I've always considered our family to be close. By family, I mean my brothers and sisters. I realized today that I haven't seen one of my sisters since Christmas! My other sister's fiance has been in the hospital since December, and I only talk to her once a week. My brothers call once in a while. This is not a close family. When did we all become so busy that we can't even find the time to see each other? We don't live hundreds of miles apart, we are all in the same city, except for me and I am only a little ways out of town. I am the oldest, and I feel the responsibility is mine to keep us together, so now what do I do? Trying to arrange a family gathering is next to impossible, but I'm going to try for Easter anyway. We seem to see less and less of each other, especially since my parents moved to another province. It's true, Mom and Dad's place is a gathering place, and without that, we seem to be drifting.
So, just because we don't fight or argue with each other, it doesn't mean we are a close family. I think that families that do fight are probably closer than we are, you have to talk to someone to fight with them. It all makes me incredibly sad, my children have cousins they hardly know, and they are hardly known to their cousins. Now I have a goal, bring my family back together! Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger grannytoad said...

Good luck:)

March 19, 2005 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger grannytoad said...

Might be a good time to update your blog...LOL

February 25, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home