Sunday, February 13, 2005

I've been doing our taxes, and frankly it sucks! How can we pay so much and get so little back! My husband usually get a little bit of a refund, and this year he will still get some back, but not nearly the amount as usual, yet he paid more! When I think of all the taxes we pay, it makes me sick. We pay income tax, provincial sales tax, GST, and all the other hidden taxes on gas, smokes, booze, etc. Not to mention property taxes. Where does it end? I'm sure we only get 50 cents out of every dollar earned, and that's a generous estimate.
Oh well, I complain every year about the same thing, and there's really nothing that can be done about it. I should just be thankful that we do get a refund at all.
It's another hockey weekend, both boys had a game Friday night, one north and one south, youngest had two games yesterday and oldest has a game tonight. After this weekend, the playoffs start, so the end is in sight, lol. One daughter babysat over night last night and the other went with a friend to stay in a hotel in the city, waterslides and pool. It's actually pretty quiet here this morning!
Today is cleaning and laundry day here, I just can't seem to find the time during the week, so Sundays is it. What happened to those relaxing Sundays, just sitting around reading or playing on the comp? They seem to be a thing of the past.

1 Comments:

Blogger grannytoad said...

I dread doing taxes. I bought the software but haven't even installed it yet.. LOL

February 13, 2005 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home