Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Blah Blah

I found out today that if Canada was involved in the war, care packages could get there for free. Not throught the postal system, but if you can get it to the airport it will be delivered. Good to know.
Boring day at work today, very slow. The kids are being very rambunctious today!! My mom used to say we were going to get a storm when we were like that. She was usually right!
The school where my kids go made the news tonight. The kids are busy making magnets and selling them at local stores. All the money raised is going to the tsunami relief fund. So far they have sold more than 600 magnets and have orders for more, that is $1200. Way to go kids!! The magnets are very cute, blue for the ocean, yellow for the sun and rainbow ribbons for hope. I'm ashamed to say I haven't got one yet, but I will get one tomorrow.
No hockey tonight, yay. A rare night at home. I think I might actually get to watch some T.V. American Idol is on. The Canadian version is not quite as good, (I know, not very patriotic of me to say) but we don't have Simon, lol.


2 Comments:

Blogger grannytoad said...

Who covers the cost of mailing packages to service people in Canada if they are in a war zone? Is it the airlines?

February 9, 2005 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I think that the Canadian government would cover the costs. Not sure, I will have to check into it more.

February 10, 2005 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home