Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day

WOW! After almost 25 years, my husband finally got me a good gift. He bought me a book, and a flower! The book is actually one I haven't read, so I know he had to put some thought into it. Any one who knows me, knows I would rather read than do most anything (yes, even playing at Toadgames). I was so surprised that he didn't go for the usual flowers, which are way overpriced!! Books aren't cheap either, but I get way more enjoyment from them. So, all in all it was a great day. I got the kids some candy, like they needed it. I miss the days when they would bring valentines to everyone in the class, spending hours writing the names on them, and making sure their "best friends" got the good ones. Now, they don't even want to give them to anyone, in case it means they "like" them. Oh, the lost days of innocence.
My 16 yr old is driving!! How scary is that? He still has his learner's permit, but he can go for his license in June. I am not ready for this!! Wasn't it just yesterday that we took the training wheels off of his bike?

1 Comments:

Blogger grannytoad said...

Glad you got such a nice surprise for Valentine's Day!

My husband usually gives me a balloon for every holiday.. he hides them and I have to find them. Sometimes takes me days to do it.. and he moves them around in the meantime .. making it harder. This year I gave up and asked where it was. He said "It is not a balloon this year.. ribbitt!"

Once I started looking for a toad it was easier..LOL There was a chubby little stuffed toad on the mantle over the fireplace:)

February 18, 2005 at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home